When a friend or relative dies, as well as dealing with the grief and pain, you may need to deal with organising their funeral. Which is why most people in Adelaide and indeed Australia, turn to a funeral director for help.
Have you ever wondered what a funeral directly actually does? It’s a lot more than finding a suitable date and arranging flowers. A good funeral director in Adelaide will help you with everything that needs to be organised, so you can deal with your grief and celebrate the life of your loved one.
Organising a funeral in Adelaide can be complex
There are a lot of decisions to make and things to organise to ensure a funeral in Adelaide occurs with dignity, compassion and precision. While in essence, the job of the funeral director is to make sure the wishes of the person who has died and the person’s family are met, in practice, it’s more detailed than this.
- First and foremost, the funeral director will sit down to discuss the family’s wishes. If a pre-paid and pre-arranged funeral has been organised, most of these wishes and key decisions will already have been decided. This includes whether to have a burial or cremation.
- Your Adelaide funeral director will help you choose a coffin or casket. If required, the funeral director will oversee the preparation of your loved one’s body.
- They can organise all the important logistics, such as finding suitable dates and times, organising transportation of the body, booking venues, putting together service booklets, music and multimedia presentations, and arranging catering and flowers.
- They will do their utmost to look after any special requests, such as ensuring a loved one is buried or cremated in a special outfit or with a cherished item.
- If the funeral is to take place in a church or other venue, the funeral director will liaise with the organisation to ensure everything is in place.
- If the funeral is non-religious, a funeral director can organise an appropriate celebrant.
- They can arrange a live streaming of the funeral so that people who can’t be there can watch.
- Just as importantly, they’ll be able to answer any questions you may have.
- Your funeral director will take your through the costs of the funeral and help provide options to reduce costs if budget is tight.
What do you need to do?
Of course, there will be things you’ll need to do. Particularly if a pre-arranged funeral isn’t in place. There’ll be plenty of decisions you’ll need to make, with help from your funeral director.
By and large, however, you’ll have the time to deal with the grief and pain, celebrate the life of your loved one and start the process of healing.
This is why choosing a funeral director in Adelaide that is right for you is so important. It will make the lead up to the funeral and the day itself much less stressful at a time when you need to de-stress as much as possible.